),坐落于美国马里兰州,世界知名学府,美国著名公立研究型大学。
花小晓来美国留学后就改了一个很文雅富有诗情画意的名字,花念雨。
就读马里兰大学,学的是经济管理学。
花小晓即将毕业,最近一直在准备毕业典礼的一个演讲。
当叶青找到花小晓住的宿舍楼时,恰巧听到二楼阳台花小晓一脸陶醉的练习朗诵着的演讲稿。
“Good afternoon faculty students parents and friends.
(各位家长、同学、朋友们,下午好!)
I am truly honored and grateful to speak at the commencement for the University of Maryland, Class of 2010.
(我很荣幸,也很感激能够在马里兰大学2010届毕业典礼上发言。)
People often ask me: Why did you come to the University of Maryland?
(人们经常问我:为什么你选择来马里兰大学?)
I always answer: Fresh air.
(我总是回答:新鲜的空气。)
Five years ago, as I step off the plane from China, and left the terminal at Dallas Airport. I was ready to put on one of my five face masks, but when I took my first breath of American air. I put my mask away.
(五年前,我从中国来到美国,出了达拉斯机场航站楼,呼吸到在美国的第一口空气后,我就丢掉了正准备戴上的五层口罩。)
The air was so sweet and fresh, and oddly luxurious.
(这里的空气是如此的新鲜甜蜜,尽管说起来奇怪,但这对我来说很奢侈。)
I was surprised by this. I grew up in a city in China, where I had to wear a face mask every time I went outside, otherwise, I might get sick.
(我大感意外。我在中国的都市中长大,每次外出都必须戴口罩,不然的话,我可能会生病。)
However, the moment I inhaled and exhaled outside the airport.
(所以,当我在机场外面呼吸到第一口空气的时候,)
I felt free.
(我感到了自由。)
No more fog on my glasses, no more difficult breathing, no more suppression.Every breath was a delight.
(不再有蒙在眼镜上的浓雾,不再有呼吸困难,不再有压抑的生活。每一口呼吸都是一种愉悦的体验。)
As I stand here today, I cannot help, but recall that feeling of freedom.
(今天站在这里,我情不自禁地回忆起这种自由的感觉。)……”
叶青也总算是明白了,花小晓就是一个十足的婊,只要是有利益可取,别说收人钱做伪证,就连出卖祖宗的是都都能做。
毕业典礼的演讲稿,通篇都在想方设法的贬低自己的祖国抬高老美取悦老外。看来是打定主意不回国,要定居美国了。
祖国的空气到底是有多差?还会让你感到呼吸困难生病?那照你这样说中国人岂不是要死绝了?
开玩笑,美国的空气还香甜?姑娘,你是大麻吸多了吧?你还能更夸张点吗?
就算你的祖国有很多不足之处,你也完全不用这样为了讨好跪舔老外这样夸大其词吧?无非就是为了赢得老外的赞赏,为自己在老美立足争取利益。怎样一个婊字了得。
而实际上,叶青觉得她这是聪明反被聪明误。
一个连国家都可以背弃、践踏、侮辱的人,人家老美最多也只会把你当成一条没有尊严摇首摆尾的狗罢了。
古往今来,有几个人是依靠着这种刻意跪舔的姿态来赢得老外的尊重?
答案是,一个都没有。